Interos is the operational resilience company — reinventing how companies manage their supply chains and business relationships — through a breakthrough SaaS platform that uses artificial intelligence to model and transform the ecosystems of complex businesses into a living global map, down to any single supplier, anywhere.
Reducing months of backward-looking manual spreadsheet inputs to instant visualizations with continuous monitoring, the Interos platform helps the world’s companies reduce risk, avoid disruptions, and achieve dramatically superior resilience. Businesses can uncover game-changing opportunities that radically change the way they see, learn and profit from their relationships.
Based in Washington, DC, Interos serves global clients with business-critical, interdependent relationships. The fast-growing private company is led by CEO Jennifer Bisceglie and supported by investors Venrock and Kleiner Perkins. For more information, visit www.interos.ai.
Interos is looking for a Senior Security Engineer, Information Security, who will be responsible for designing, building, and delivering significant components of Interos' threat hunting strategy and overall security posture. Providing mission assurance through network defense, our team protects an enterprise network across the globe. The Security Operations group works hand in hand as a trusted partner with our Information Technology Department, Project teams, and our Business Development groups.
- Support the SOC team through the facilitation of administrative needs such as data analysis, gap analysis, technical trade studies, documentation review/edit/publishing, reporting, and threat briefings.
- Provide investigation and remediation support to mitigate security threats and incidents
- Work with various teams to ensure best practices regarding information security are understood, implemented, documented as systems are migrated from different environments
- Review multiple cloud environments for weaknesses and improvements needed
- Work with the team to integrate the security toolset with other systems to automate functions for incident response
- Ensure systems adhere to relevant secure benchmarks
- Managing multiple security tools within multiple environments
- Work with the SOC and Compliance teams to ensure SSP and relevant controls are documented and updated
- Work within the team to enhance rule tuning and filtering to focus on relevant events
- Support a wide range of security tools in a multi-tenant environment
- Provide Continuous tuning of existing security tools used for monitoring and analysis of security events of interest
- Create incidents and support the investigation of such incidents to not only mitigate the current threat but also prevent future occurrence.
- Create, review, and update applicable control implementation statements within System Security Plans (SSP) with supporting statements and evidence
- Document and track status of all findings within the Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M)
- Work closely with other teams to support the incident management process.
- Work with various groups to ensure compliance to applicable FedRAMP controls under NIST 800-53
- Stay up-to-date on the latest tools, techniques, and processes used by cyber criminals
- Be an escalation point within the team and work closely with other analysts and engineers as required
- Work with various teams to improve integration of services to the security toolset
- Bachelor (undergraduate) degree in a relevant field (Computer Science, Software Engineer, Security, or others) OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- 6+ years of hands-on experience in information security
- 5 years of direct experience supporting secure coding practices.
- Demonstrated understanding of web application and database security
- Knowledge of software/application hardening OR input validation testing OR SQL injection testing a PLUS!
- Strong technical background in software security design/implementation and data protection
- Strong communication, interpersonal, consulting style skills to interface with staff, developers, and customers
- Knowledge of all domains within information security, especially defensive strategies, MSSP's
- 3+ years Experience with more than one IDS/IPS, EDR, SIEM, and manual log analysis techniques
- 4+ years experience in Shell scripting or automation of tasks using Python
- Thorough understanding of network protocols, data on the wire, and covert channels
- Mastery of Unix/Linux/Mac/Windows operating systems, including Bash and Powershell
- Experience in scripting and configuration of SIEM tools
- Knowledge of web application logs and system event logs (Windows & *Nix)
- Ability to navigate and work effectively across a complex, geographically dispersed organization
- Demonstrated ability to self-direct, with minimal supervision to achieve assigned goals
- Eligibility to obtain a security clearance is preferred
- Strong understanding of network security teams and environments, operations initiatives, documentation/professional writing, management, and a general security background.
- Experience with the preparation, review, revision, and maintenance of technical documents.
- Fundamental understanding of networking and security concepts, including defensive techniques/methodologies
- Familiarity with defensive technologies such as SIEM, next-gen firewalls, IDS/IPS, endpoint security and machine learning tools
- Familiarity with day-to-day workflow and general operations of a SOC environment
- Experience with an Incident Response/case management system
- Experience gathering metrics and utilizing data-analysis of the data to help inform decision-making
- Forensics background
- Certifications in one or more of the following:
- SANS GIAC Certification(s)
- Other cybersecurity offense / defense certifications
- Comprehensive Health & Wellness package (Medical, Dental and Vision)
- 10 Paid Holiday Days Off
- Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401(k) Employer Matching
- Stock Options
- Career advancement opportunities
- Casual Dress
- On-site gym and dedicated Peloton room at headquarters
- Company Events (Sports Games, Fitness Competitions, Birthday Celebrations, Contests, Happy Hours)
- Annual company party
- Employee Referral Program
Interos is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other classification protected by law.
If you are a candidate in need of assistance or an accommodation in the application process, please contact [email protected]