Interos is the operational resilience company — reinventing how companies manage their supply chains and business relationships — through a breakthrough SaaS platform that uses artificial intelligence to model and transform the ecosystems of complex businesses into a living global map, down to any single supplier, anywhere.
Reducing months of backward-looking manual spreadsheet inputs to instant visualizations with continuous monitoring, the Interos platform helps the world’s companies reduce risk, avoid disruptions, and achieve dramatically superior resilience. Businesses can uncover game-changing opportunities that radically change the way they see, learn and profit from their relationships.
Based in Washington, DC, Interos serves global clients with business-critical, interdependent relationships. The fast-growing private company is led by CEO Jennifer Bisceglie and supported by investors Venrock and Kleiner Perkins. For more information, visit www.interos.ai.
Interos is looking for a Senior Security Engineer, Network Security, who will be responsible for designing, building, and delivering significant components of Interos' threat hunting strategy and overall security posture. You will work on a cross-functional team with knowledge of security processes and procedures, best practices, perform in-depth and advanced analysis in the pursuit to prove or disprove malicious activity. Knowledge and experience with information security controls, infrastructure, implementation techniques, familiarity with adversarial techniques, and application and infrastructure assessment are critical components for this role. You will demonstrate organizational and cross-functional communication skills to drive investigations into threats throughout the organization.
- Help build the roadmap to better position Interos’ security posture, ensure that the organization is performing best practices, and work on implementation of policies with the Engineering Lead, CISO and other team members
- Investigate and defend the organization and guide internal teams to have a security-focused mindset
- Develop comprehensive and accurate reports and presentations for both technical and executive audiences in varying level of technical communication
- Effectively communicate findings and strategy to client stakeholders, including technical staff, organizational leadership, and legal counsel
- See the larger picture when dealing with competing requirements and needs from across the teams in the organization to build consensus and drive results
- Provides specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture.
- Conducts testing of network design.
- Responsible for monitoring network hardware operations to ensure properly set configuration options.
- Plans implementation of enhancements and upgrades to the network.
- Advises network users of hardware requirements, configurations, and limitations.
- Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
- Evaluates and reports on new communications technologies to enhance capabilities of the network.
- Bachelor (undergraduate) degree in a relevant field (Computer Science, Software Engineer, Security, or others) OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- 6+ years of hands-on experience in information security
- Knowledge of all domains within information security, especially defensive strategies, MSSP's
- 3+ years experience with more than one IDS/IPS, EDR, SIEM, and manual log analysis techniques
- 4+ years experience in Shell scripting or automation of tasks using Python
- Experience in application development using languages like Go, C/C++, or C# and source code review for control flow and security flaws
- Thorough understanding of network protocols, data on the wire, and covert channels
- Mastery of Unix/Linux/Mac/Windows operating systems, including Bash and Powershell
- Experience in scripting and configuration of SIEM tools
- Knowledge of web application logs and system event logs (Windows & *Nix)
- Ability to navigate and work effectively across a complex, geographically dispersed organization
- Demonstrated ability to self-direct, with minimal supervision to achieve assigned goals
- Eligibility to obtain a security clearance is preferred
- Forensics background
- Certifications in one or more of the following:
- SANS GIAC Certification(s)
- Other cybersecurity offense / defense certifications
- Comprehensive Health & Wellness package (Medical, Dental and Vision)
- 10 Paid Holiday Days Off
- Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401(k) Employer Matching
- Stock Options
- Career advancement opportunities
- Casual Dress
- On-site gym and dedicated Peloton room at headquarters
- Company Events (Sports Games, Fitness Competitions, Birthday Celebrations, Contests, Happy Hours)
- Annual company party
- Employee Referral Program
Interos is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other classification protected by law.
If you are a candidate in need of assistance or an accommodation in the application process, please contact [email protected]