Interos is the operational resilience company — reinventing how companies manage their supply chains and business relationships — through a breakthrough SaaS platform that uses artificial intelligence to model and transform the ecosystems of complex businesses into a living global map, down to any single supplier, anywhere.
Reducing months of backward-looking manual spreadsheet inputs to instant visualizations with continuous monitoring, the Interos platform helps the world’s companies reduce risk, avoid disruptions, and achieve dramatically superior resilience. Businesses can uncover game-changing opportunities that radically change the way they see, learn and profit from their relationships.
Based in Washington, DC, Interos serves global clients with business-critical, interdependent relationships. The fast-growing private company is led by CEO Jennifer Bisceglie and supported by investors Venrock and Kleiner Perkins. For more information, visit www.interos.ai.
Are you constantly exploring more data-driven and rigorous approaches for analyzing the ongoing global geopolitical, societal, technological, and economic disruptions? Are you fascinated by socio-technical systems and uncovering unknown insights? Are you a data storyteller seeking new ways to have a real-world impact? And want to apply all of these skills at a high-growth, early-stage company?
At Interos, we are seeking a Computational Social Scientist with a deep understanding of the hard work, patience, and diligence required to identify, vet, and structure data for modeling complex and large systems. With a focus on risk modeling across global supply chains, this position applies computational social science models, theories, and data while staying on top of the latest advances and current events in these areas. An avid researcher and writer, a computational social scientist is also a data storyteller, with strong communication skills to both technical and non-technical audiences.
Join the growing Methodology team at Interos and help implement cutting-edge risk models while working in a fast paced, multi-disciplinary environment. Hone your quantitative skills, operationalize complex models, and turn novel research into actionable insights for our private and public sector customers. This role collaborates within the Methodology team and across engineering and is responsible for both quantitative models as well as qualitative depth, detail, and context.
- Research and implement computational models – with an emphasis on risk analysis – for integration into the Interos platform.
- Conduct independent research and validation of a range of data sources, with significant hands-on time exploring and analyzing relevant variables for model inclusion, geographic and temporal scope, and construct validity.
- Deliver research papers, white papers, blogs, and external presentations.
- Translate academic and industry research into applied and scalable supply chain risk models.
- Stay abreast of the latest current events, data sources, and research methods as they relate to global supply chains and network analyses.
- A PhD in a social or behavioral science, and at least 2 years relevant work experience, or at least four years of work experience modeling and operationalizing complex social and physical networks.
- A curious researcher and analyst who never stops seeking better data and new solutions to complex socio-technical challenges.
- A passion for technology and the scientific application of quantitative models to social and physical systems.
- Proven open source research skills and supporting product development.
- A team player who enjoys multi-disciplinary collaboration in an extremely fast-paced and fluid environment.
- Fluency with Python, R, or other data analysis tools.
- Demonstrable background interacting with a range of audiences (internal and external; technical and business stakeholders).
- Experience applying quantitative models in the areas of political instability, finance, economics, climate change, cybersecurity, or other socio-technical systems.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- The ability to adapt quickly to shifting priorities and multi-task under tight deadlines.
- Supervisory Responsibility: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Travel Requirements: This position may require up to 10% travel.
- Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, printers.
- Physical Demands: This is largely a sedentary role. Physical requirements include occasional lifting/carrying of 5 pounds; visual acuity, speech and hearing; hand and eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to operate a computer keyboard and basic office equipment. Subject to sitting, standing, reaching, walking, twisting, and kneeling to perform the essential functions. Working conditions are primarily inside an office environment.
- Colorado Only: The range provided is for Colorado-based hires only and will be commensurate with candidate experience. Pay ranges for candidates in other locations other than CO may differ based on the cost of labor in that location. Pay range: $152,000 - $174,500
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Comprehensive Health & Wellness package (Medical, Dental and Vision)
- 10 Paid Holiday Days Off
- Flexible Paid Time Off (FTO)
- 401 (k) Employer Matching
- Stock Options
- Career advancement opportunities
- Casual Dress
- On-site gym and dedicated Peloton room at headquarters
- Company Events (Sports Games, Fitness Competitions, Birthday Celebrations, Contests, Happy Hours)
- Annual company party
- Employee Referral Program
Interos is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other classification protected by law.
If you are a candidate in need of assistance or an accommodation in the application process, please contact [email protected]