Interos is the operational resilience company — reinventing how companies manage their supply chains and business relationships — through a breakthrough SaaS platform that uses artificial intelligence to model and transform the ecosystems of complex businesses into a living global map, down to any single supplier, anywhere.
Reducing months of backward-looking manual spreadsheet inputs to instant visualizations with continuous monitoring, the Interos platform helps the world’s companies reduce risk, avoid disruptions, and achieve dramatically superior resilience. Businesses can uncover game-changing opportunities that radically change the way they see, learn and profit from their relationships.
Based in Washington, DC, Interos serves global clients with business-critical, interdependent relationships. The fast-growing private company is led by CEO Jennifer Bisceglie and supported by investors Venrock and Kleiner Perkins. For more information, visit www.interos.ai.
Are you constantly exploring more data-driven and rigorous approaches for analyzing the ongoing global geopolitical, societal, technological, and economic disruptions? Are you fascinated by socio-technical systems and uncovering unique insights? Would you like to research new risks and get hands on training for modeling them? And apply all of these skills at a high-growth, early stage company?
At Interos, we are seeking an Associate Computational Social Scientist with a deep enthusiasm and curiosity toward research and data analysis of complex and large systems. With a focus on risk modeling across global supply chains, this position provides data analysis and research to augment existing supply chain risk models, while staying on top of the latest advances and current events in these areas. An avid researcher and writer, an Associate Computational Social Scientist loves getting their hands into the data and providing detailed assessments and overviews of the strengths and weaknesses of data sources and models.
Join the growing Methodology team at Interos and contribute to cutting-edge supply chain risk models while working in a fast paced, multi-disciplinary environment. Hone your quantitative skills, expand your qualitative knowledge across a range of socio-technical systems, and learn the best practices for becoming a data storyteller. This role collaborates within the Methodology team and with data governance.
- Research and structure core supply chain risk data for integration into the Interos platform.
- Conduct independent research and validation of a range of data sources, with significant hands-on time exploring and analyzing relevant data for model inclusion, geographic and temporal scope, and construct validity.
- Collaborate with senior team members providing research assistance and exploratory analysis.
- Stay abreast of the latest current events and data sources as they relate to global supply chains.
- A bachelor’s degree in a social, computer, or behavioral science, or at least four years of work experience as a data analyst, operations research analyst, intelligence analyst, or similar position.
- A curious researcher and analyst who never stops learning about complex socio-technical challenges.
- A passion for technology and the scientific application of quantitative models to social and physical systems.
- Proven open source research skills.
- A team player who enjoys multi-disciplinary collaboration in an extremely fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with data structures and analytic tools such as Excel or Google sheets
- Exposure to quantitative modeling and statistical analysis.
- Subject matter familiarity in supply chains or in at least one of the following areas: political instability, finance, economics, climate change, cybersecurity, or other socio-technical systems.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- The ability to adapt quickly to shifting priorities and multi-task under tight deadlines.
- Supervisory Responsibility: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Travel Requirements: This position may require up to 10% travel.
- Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, printers.
- Physical Demands: This is largely a sedentary role. Physical requirements include occasional lifting/carrying of 5 pounds; visual acuity, speech and hearing; hand and eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to operate a computer keyboard and basic office equipment. Subject to sitting, standing, reaching, walking, twisting, and kneeling to perform the essential functions. Working conditions are primarily inside an office environment.
- Colorado Only: The range provided is for Colorado-based hires only and will be commensurate with candidate experience. Pay ranges for candidates in other locations other than CO may differ based on the cost of labor in that location. Pay range: $53,350 - $61,580
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Comprehensive Health & Wellness package (Medical, Dental and Vision)
- 10 Paid Holiday Days Off
- Flexible Paid Time Off (FTO)
- 401 (k) Employer Matching
- Stock Options
- Career advancement opportunities
- Casual Dress
- On-site gym and dedicated Peloton room at headquarters
- Company Events (Sports Games, Fitness Competitions, Birthday Celebrations, Contests, Happy Hours)
- Annual company party
- Employee Referral Program
Interos is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other classification protected by law.
If you are a candidate in need of assistance or an accommodation in the application process, please contact [email protected]