Interos is the operational resilience company — reinventing how companies manage their supply chains and business relationships — through a breakthrough SaaS platform that uses artificial intelligence to model and transform the ecosystems of complex businesses into a living global map, down to any single supplier, anywhere.
Reducing months of backward-looking manual spreadsheet inputs to instant visualizations with continuous monitoring, the Interos platform helps the world’s companies reduce risk, avoid disruptions, and achieve dramatically superior resilience. Businesses can uncover game-changing opportunities that radically change the way they see, learn and profit from their relationships.
Based in Washington, DC, Interos serves global clients with business-critical, interdependent relationships. The fast-growing private company is led by CEO Jennifer Bisceglie and supported by investors Venrock and Kleiner Perkins. For more information, visit www.interos.ai.
The Senior Compensation & Benefits Specialist is responsible for participating in the development, implementation and monitoring of the Company's compensation policies, procedures, practices and programs as well as researching, analyzing and administering benefit plans. The Senior Compensation and Benefits Specialist provides compensation guidance to HR and other department managers as needed, maintains current knowledge base of compensation trends and federal and state regulations, and assists with the administration and communication of benefit information to employees, management, beneficiaries, and vendors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Completes job level evaluation and benchmarking requests for new and existing positions using relevant market data.
- Prepares and maintains detailed job descriptions and classifications systems and defines and modifies job levels and families. Ensures job titles reflect correct job codes and maintains employee data integrity in the HRIS and compensation databases.
- Completes annual market analysis to include completing salary survey submissions and analyzes market movement to evaluate competitiveness.
- Manages the annual compensation cycle and key activities by supporting the annual salary and incentive review and reporting on spend to budget of salary and incentives.
- Partners with recruiting team to establish salary offers for candidates that are externally competitive and internally equitable.
- Acts as a primary employee contact for all benefits programs; using benefits plan documents and other reference materials to address employee questions and concerns for resolution in a timely manner. Demonstrates strong engagement when educating and responding to inquiries.
- Partners in the development of benefits communication and education during open enrollment and throughout the year. Manages open enrollment process including system design and testing, open enrollment communications and training, and audit of open enrollment data in multiple vendor systems.
- Processes and reconciles benefits vendor billing invoices for Manager and VP approvals.
- Ensures Company’s HRIS & Intranet sites as it relates to Benefits information is current.
- Assists with New Hire Benefits Orientation meetings in person and remotely for field staff. Ensures accuracy and annual updating of benefits orientation and benefits related recruiting materials.
- Provides analytical support and data analysis on projects and metrics including, but not limited to, the annual performance review process, annual 1095-C compliance, and annual compensation cycle.
- Oversees workers compensation, employee master file processing and reporting, and leave of absence administration.
- Ensures accuracy of employee and benefit database via audits and system corrections; performs reconciliation of benefits vendor data file feeds and invoices. Processes discrepancy reports from vendor file feeds.
- Manages functionality and data integrity of HR systems, focusing on updating and maintaining the HRIS system across the global organization and works to ensure HR systems and data are properly utilized. Provides technical support, trouble-shooting and guidance to users, maintains user access rights and workflow administration, and resolves user and system problems.
- Participates as a member of the Human Resources team, attending staff meetings, and supporting the implementation and administration of various department initiatives, managing, performing or assisting with various projects, processes, and programs.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable federal and state employment laws and maintains the confidentiality of all Human Resources-related information and other confidential matters.
- Recommends improvements and enhancements to Human Resources processes and procedures.
Experience and Qualifications:
- A Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Management or other HR related field and 5+ years’ of relevant human resources work experience in benefits/compensation administration and HRIS management or any appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Expert working knowledge of Federal/state labor laws and regulations (FMLA, PPACA, Worker’s Compensation, COBRA, and Section 125). Strong knowledge of health and welfare benefits.
- Proven self-starter with skill to achieve results with minimal supervision.
- Strong multi-tasking and time management skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to be proactive to solve problems and research new ideas and technologies quickly.
- Mathematical competency along with an understanding of qualitative and quantitative metrics with the ability to perform calculations accurately and reconcile numbers.
- Strong analytical and technical skills. Ability to generate and manipulate system reporting.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Technically proficient, with in-depth knowledge of at least one HRMS
- Ability to ensure state and federal compliance requirements are met.
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization.
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP), Senior Certified Professional (SPHR) or compensation certification a plus.
- High degree of personal integrity.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high growth environment and think clearly under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to be consultative and pragmatic in compensation program evaluation.
- Supervisory Responsibility: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, printers.
- Physical Demands: This is largely a sedentary role. Physical requirements include occasional lifting/carrying of 5 pounds; visual acuity, speech and hearing; hand and eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to operate a computer keyboard and basic office equipment. Subject to sitting, standing, reaching, walking, twisting, and kneeling to perform the essential functions. Working conditions are primarily inside an office environment
- Colorado Only: The range provided is for Colorado-based hires only and will be commensurate with candidate experience. Pay ranges for candidates in other locations other than CO may differ based on the cost of labor in that location. Pay range: $90,000 - $120,000.
- Travel Requirements: This position does not require travel.
- Comprehensive Health & Wellness package (Medical, Dental and Vision)
- 10 Paid Holiday Days Off
- Flexible Paid Time Off (FTO)
- 401 (k) Employer Matching
- Stock Options
- Career advancement opportunities
- Casual Dress
- On-site gym and dedicated Peloton room at headquarters
- Company Events (Sports Games, Fitness Competitions, Birthday Celebrations, Contests, Happy Hours)
- Annual company party
- Employee Referral Program
Interos is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other classification protected by law.
If you are a candidate in need of assistance or an accommodation in the application process, please contact [email protected]