Interos is the operational resilience company — reinventing how companies manage their supply chains and business relationships — through a breakthrough SaaS platform that uses artificial intelligence to model and transform the ecosystems of complex businesses into a living global map, down to any single supplier, anywhere.
Reducing months of backward-looking manual spreadsheet inputs to instant visualizations with continuous monitoring, the Interos platform helps the world’s companies reduce risk, avoid disruptions, and achieve dramatically superior resilience. Businesses can uncover game-changing opportunities that radically change the way they see, learn and profit from their relationships.
Based in Washington, DC, Interos serves global clients with business-critical, interdependent relationships. The fast-growing private company is led by CEO Jennifer Bisceglie and supported by investors Venrock and Kleiner Perkins. For more information, visit www.interos.ai.
Interos is looking for a confident legal executive who serves as a business partner and trusted advisor to the CEO, senior management and the Board of Directors on a wide range of strategic, business, operational and tactical issues. The incumbent serves as a senior advisor to the CEO and to the Board of Directors while ensuring that the organization follows laws, regulatory requirements, policies and procedures. As a key member of the executive leadership team, the CLO counsels on the legal ramifications of significant company strategic initiatives and implements and approves legal policies and procedures in accordance with business needs. As a member of the Interos leadership team, the CLO participates fully in problem solving, key discussions and decisions that are critical to the future of the business. This role interacts on a regular basis with the Board of Directors and, although not a member of the Board, attends all Board meetings and designated committee meetings of the Board, regularly reporting and advising on significant legal matters. This leader will advise on major corporate transactions, including all mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, major contracts and other strategic business initiatives. As Corporate Secretary of the company, this role oversees the preparation of all relevant corporate filings and preparation of Board and committee meetings agendas and minutes and works closely with the Legal team to ensure the accuracy of all public disclosures and other governmental filings.
• Developing and leading corporate legal strategy to promote and protect the company’s matters
• Developing and together with the CFO leading internal audit and corporate compliance programs
• Overseeing the delivery of legal services and resources to accomplish corporate goals, strategies, and priorities
• Maintaining proper corporate interactions with the relevant local, state and federal governmental bodies, legislatures and the community at large
• Advising the CEO and other senior corporate officers on a variety of business issues
• Participating in the formulation of general management policy as a member of the executive management team
• Managing a team of corporate counsel and other members of the legal
• Minimum of 15+ years of experience in developing broad-scoped business relationships and managing and growing second stage companies through IPO
• J.D. from an American Bar Association accredited law school; Member of the State Bar, or member in good standing of the State Bar of another state or District of Columbia or state of Virginia
• Demonstrated ability to successfully manage a large corporate legal office during
hypergrowth phases through IPO
• Prior experience in establishing corporate governance structure for a publicly held company
• Skill in budget preparation and fiscal management
• Ability to provide competent legal advice and counsel to senior leaders on a wide range of legal and policy issues
• Knowledge of the range of applicable laws and regulations which impact on all facets of university policy and operations
• Ability to analyze and interpret issues and to prepare legal opinions
• Ability to communicate and interact with executives and board
• Knowledge of current and developing legal issues and trends in area of expertise
• Ability to supervise and coordinate the work of legal professionals, paraprofessionals, and consultants
• Ability to foster a cooperative work environment
• Knowledge of the principles and procedures of legal research
• Employee development and performance management skills
• Negotiating skills
• Knowledge and understanding of institutional policies and procedures and the regulatory environment within which they operate
• Knowledge of contract law
• Knowledge of financial/business analysis techniques
• Ability to develop and implement legal strategies and solutions
- Supervisory Responsibility: This position has supervisory responsibilities.
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, printers.
- Physical Demands: This is largely a sedentary role. Physical requirements include occasional lifting/carrying of 5 pounds; visual acuity, speech and hearing; hand and eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to operate a computer keyboard and basic office equipment. Subject to sitting, standing, reaching, walking, twisting, and kneeling to perform the essential functions. Working conditions are primarily inside an office environment
- Travel Requirements: This position does not require travel.
- Comprehensive Health & Wellness package (Medical, Dental and Vision)
- 10 Paid Holiday Days Off
- Flexible Paid Time Off (FTO)
- 401 (k) Employer Matching
- Stock Options
- Career advancement opportunities
- Casual Dress
- On-site gym and dedicated Peloton room at headquarters
- Company Events (Sports Games, Fitness Competitions, Birthday Celebrations, Contests, Happy Hours)
- Annual company party
- Employee Referral Program
Interos is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other classification protected by law.
If you are a candidate in need of assistance or an accommodation in the application process, please contact [email protected]