Interos is the operational resilience company — reinventing how companies manage their supply chains and business relationships — through a breakthrough SaaS platform that uses artificial intelligence to model and transform the ecosystems of complex businesses into a living global map, down to any single supplier, anywhere.
Reducing months of backward-looking manual spreadsheet inputs to instant visualizations with continuous monitoring, the Interos platform helps the world’s companies reduce risk, avoid disruptions, and achieve dramatically superior resilience. Businesses can uncover game-changing opportunities that radically change the way they see, learn and profit from their relationships.
Based in Washington, DC, Interos serves global clients with business-critical, interdependent relationships. The fast-growing private company is led by CEO Jennifer Bisceglie and supported by investors Venrock and Kleiner Perkins. For more information, visit www.interos.ai.
Are you ready to build a safer, stronger and more resilient world? You’ll have the opportunity at Interos. We’re looking for an extraordinary team member to join our high growth company as Sr Director, External Communications. With your keen sense of the disruptive economic, social and technology trends shaping our world, you’ll develop and implement a robust media relations and PR strategy to elevate our corporate profile and reputation among key constituencies, including media, analysts, investors, government and others. We’re counting on you to build and grow these critical relationships though a high impact external communication platform encompassing media, PR, and digital.
Reporting to the SVP of Corporate Communication and Brand, you’ll be empowered to set direction and oversee execution of all external communication for Interos, including end-to-end project and resource management, with creative activations and data-driven accountability. You’ll be a part of a collaborative, high-performing team on mission to build a world class brand.
Interos is in an exciting and opportunistic position in a fast-moving industry. We sit at the center of some of the most important macroeconomic opportunities and challenges impacting business around the globe. Your talents in embedding Interos in the most relevant and forward-looking conversations in our industry will be a core part our business success, and your professional growth.
- Set a forward-looking Media Relations and PR agenda to drive our mission and serve our customers.
- Direct all external communications efforts, and provide strategic analysis and recommendations in support of business goals and objectives
- Lead external content development, including press releases, talking points, messaging, briefing/position papers, scripts, talk tracks, blogs, op-eds, social media posts, etc.
- Proactively build and nurture positive relationships with reporters, editors, conference organizers, bloggers/influencers and others to position Interos as the trusted voice in our industry; add clear and compelling value in every external touchpoint
- Develop, launch and track integrated Media Relations and PR plans that support company and department goals; maintain editorial/events calendar visible to brand, communications and other internal partners with monthly report-outs tracking progress against goals; manage agency resources and budget to consistently deliver on objectives
- Develop and deploy differentiated digital strategies with activations across key channels (LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, etc.)
- Implement strategies and PR tactics designed to educate and enhance our corporate reputation, and build relationships with the public, media, community members and others
- Partner with colleagues in Executive & Employee Communications and Public Affairs to ensure all media and PR activities map to, and are consistent with, Interos thought leadership initiatives
- Collaborate with internal partners to establish crisis communication/issues management framework; lead crisis communication response and act as spokesperson
- Manage one direct report, including creating focused development plan to drive his/her continuous learning and capability building; put people development framework in place to accommodate potential future expansion of team and resources
- Consistently import communication best practices from multiple sources to spark innovative/out-of-the-box thinking
Strategy / External Communication:
This is an exciting role for someone who enjoys both thinking and doing. Beyond just engaging media and other external audiences, we seek a thoughtful, strategic view on how to best refine and coordinate our activity for maximum reputational gain.
- Collaborate with the SVP of Corporate Communications and Brand and the Management Team to design, develop and implement a bold vision for Interos’ short- and long-term external communication plans and objectives.
- Directs positioning, brand narrative, key topics and messages are consistently applied across all programs and outreach activities. Provide strategic counsel on External Communication, including media relations coaching and training to ensure maximum impact.
- Contribute to, create, and deploy thought leadership initiatives in External Communication channels: themes, content, and programs in strategic and high-visibility forums, featuring external subject matter experts.
- Partner with internal teams as needed to develop and amplify external initiatives and content to clients and prospective clients, in industry sectors where we focus: aerospace & defense, financial services, industrials, technology, among others.
Excellence in Technology, business-to-business (B2B), and External Communication requires speed, precision and flexibility. It’s demanding and rewarding, with instant impact. Your ability to flawlessly execute will be seen, noticed, and recognized.
Develop and execute external stakeholder engagement programs, including identifying and building relationships with key media outlets, conferences organizers and influencers
- In partnership with the Interos Public Affairs team, interact with media at all levels and serve as on- and off-the record spokesperson as-needed, determining when other team members should speak to media on-and-off the record. Represent Interos at external meetings with media, customer and industry leaders
- Counsel our leadership team on ongoing business issues, including drafting clear and succinct written briefings on often complex topics, public position statements, talking points, executive media training and preparation for interviews and events
The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-moving, fast-growing company and industry. He/she is passionate and curious about technology, business, and the global economy. They are enthusiastic and engaging in telling their company’s story in an original and differentiated manner to a variety of audiences.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or a related discipline; Master’s degree preferred
- 10+ years of prior external communications, media relations/PR, and digital experience in a technology business
- 10+ years of experience managing and developing cross-functional teams; preferably a leadership role with a high-profile company
- Strong relationships with key trade, financial, technology, business and political journalists
- Superior writing skills, including the ability to distill complicated topics and adapt tone and style
- Demonstrated experience driving measurable media relations, PR and digital results in support of business goals, global brand and widely recognized executives.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and relationship development skills, including significant experience writing/editing all forms of communications for multiple stakeholders, senior leaders, and advisers
- Proven track record in cross-functional project management, experience leading and managing people, and engaging stakeholders in a global setting
- Experience in measuring the contribution of communication strategies to business performance
- Proficiency with MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Up to 25% travel required
- Comprehensive Health & Wellness package (Medical, Dental and Vision)
- 10 Paid Holiday Days Off
- Flexible Paid Time Off (FTO)
- 401 (k) Employer Matching
- Stock Options
- Career advancement opportunities
- Casual Dress
- On-site gym and dedicated Peloton room at headquarters
- Company Events (Sports Games, Fitness Competitions, Birthday Celebrations, Contests, Happy Hours)
- Annual company party
- Employee Referral Program
Interos is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other classification protected by law.
If you are a candidate in need of assistance or an accommodation in the application process, please contact [email protected]