Interos is the operational resilience company — reinventing how companies manage their supply chains and business relationships — through a breakthrough SaaS platform that uses artificial intelligence to model and transform the ecosystems of complex businesses into a living global map, down to any single supplier, anywhere.
Reducing months of backward-looking manual spreadsheet inputs to instant visualizations with continuous monitoring, the Interos platform helps the world’s companies reduce risk, avoid disruptions, and achieve dramatically superior resilience. Businesses can uncover game-changing opportunities that radically change the way they see, learn and profit from their relationships.
Based in Washington, DC, Interos serves global clients with business-critical, interdependent relationships. The fast-growing private company is led by CEO Jennifer Bisceglie and supported by investors Venrock and Kleiner Perkins. For more information, visit www.interos.ai.
Are you ready to build a safer, stronger and more resilient world? You’ll have the opportunity at Interos. We are looking for an extraordinary team member to join us as Senior Director of Government Relations and Public Affairs. In close collaboration with the SVP of Branding and Communication at Interos, you will develop and implement a robust strategy to elevate our corporate profile and reputation among critical external constituencies – including legislators, policy makers, key executive branch decision makers, think tanks, trade associations, academia, NGOs, community partners and other groups who have a voice in this shared mission. We’re counting on you to help build and grow these external partnerships through consistent communication and engagement that strengthens and expands our social license to operate.
Interos is in an exciting and opportunistic position in a fast-moving industry. We sit at the center of some of the most important macroeconomic opportunities and challenges impacting business around the globe. Your talents in embedding Interos in the most relevant and forward-looking conversations in our industry will be a core part our business success, and your professional growth.
You’ll be a part of a collaborative, high-performing team on a mission to build a world class brand and increase Interos business mission and goals.
The Senior Director of Government Relations and Public Affairs will report the SVP of Corporate Communication and Brand.
- Direct, maintain and manage working relationships with key government officials, regulators, and other industry policy makers. Drive ongoing engagement and advocacy initiatives to ensure Interos’ visibility and voice in relevant government affairs and policy/strategy decisions.
- Collaborate with Interos senior leaders to determine goals and objectives to engage legislators and senior government policy makers.
- Partner with Interos leadership to understand the impact and significance of potential legislative, regulatory, and public policy actions on the company’s current and future business.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to develop and advocate for policies advantageous for Interos.
- Develop legislative and public policy strategies to support and enable Interos to execute its long-term strategic goals, to eventually include international markets.
- Connect Interos leadership and Federal Business Development team members with key policy, decision, and influence makers.
- Ensure Interos contributes to national policy on supply chain resilience via expert testimony, position papers, identifying opportunities and proactively create opportunities to provide expert guidance to legislations, executive branch leaders and national policy makers.
- Keep Interos leadership informed about ongoing Capitol Hill and Executive Branch activities to include key pieces of legislation, executive orders and other actions that might affect Interos.
- Oversee and manage outside consultants needed to further the Interos agenda on Capitol Hill and the Executive branch.
- Coordinate with the Business Development and Sales teams to support and advocate for polices or legislation that would enable their success
- Oversee and manage Interos’ relationships with external government and community consultants, and relevant industry associations to support and further Interos commercial and government sales goals.
- Build and maintain Interos participation in Industry associations (e.g. National Association of Corporate Board of Directors, API (American Petroleum institute), ISACs (e.g FS ISAc, HISAC – critical industry information sharing groups) etc.
- Develop strategy and maintain communications with think tanks, outside groups and military associations - determine which organizations would best benefit Interos business goals and placement as a thought leader in supply chain management – then manage the relationship to best leverage participation.
- Look for opportunities to best position Interos with external groups and community partners.
- Academia / NGOs: Build and maintain effective working relationships with key university and academic leaders to enhance our reputation and reinforce Interos’ role as the undisputed opinion leaders in our space and stewards of the broader global community; partner with HR to leverage our role as thought leaders to build and implement university recruiting pipeline, speaking opportunities, etc.
- Help ensure positioning, brand narrative, key topics and messages are consistently applied across programs and outreach activities. Provide strategic counsel on Public Affairs best practices.
- Contribute to, create, and deploy thought leadership initiatives in public affairs channels: themes, content, and programs in strategic and high-visibility forums, featuring internal and external subject matter experts.
- Develop and execute strategic plans for Interos public affairs, and lead efforts in creating briefing materials for stakeholders.
- As government and the Washington-based public affairs ecosystem are important stakeholders in our industry, develop strategies and tactics for advocacy and public policy campaigns, positioning the company as THE “go-to” source for information on Supply Chain ecosystem.
- Partner with internal teams to develop and amplify initiatives and content to clients and prospective clients, in industry sectors where we focus: aerospace & defense, financial services, industrials, technology, among others.
Excellence in Technology, business-to-business (B2B), and public affairs requires speed, precision and flexibility. It’s demanding and rewarding, with instant impact. Your ability to flawlessly execute will be seen, noticed, and recognized.
- Develop and execute stakeholder engagement programs, including identifying and building relationships with policy makers and legislators, and trade & industry bodies.
- In partnership with the Interos Media Relations & PR team, interact with media at all levels and serve as on- and off-the record spokesperson as-needed, determining when other team members should speak to media on-and-off the record.
- Represent Interos at external meetings with political, public affairs and industry stakeholders
- Counsel our leadership team on ongoing business issues, including drafting clear and succinct written briefings on often complex topics, public position statements, talking points, executive media training and preparation for interviews and events.
The ideal candidate will have 12+ years of experience in government affairs, public policy and communications strategy. They will be a high-energy, strategic thinker with proven leadership, communication skills and managerial experience. He/she is passionate and curious about technology, business, and the global economy. They are enthusiastic and engaging in telling the company’s story in an original and differentiated manner to a variety of audiences.
In addition, the successful candidate will have:
- Understanding of the legislative branch and relevant executive branch processes and key policy makers.
- 8+ years of experience managing and developing cross-functional teams
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and relationship development skills, including significant experience writing/editing internal and external communication for senior executives and external stakeholders.
- Proven track record in cross-functional project management, experience leading and managing people, and engaging stakeholders in a global setting
- Experience in advancing initiatives through strategic communications to policymakers.
- Substantial collaborative skills with a track record of building strong bipartisan relationships.
- A proven team player attitude with experience managing, mentoring, and leading teams.
- A self-motivated, assertive, and self-confident disposition with the ability to act with urgency and an ability to anticipate and respond quickly to business requirements.
- A high degree of emotional intelligence, always displaying candor and integrity.
- A strong business acumen, strategic thinking ability, and degree of judgment.
- Resourcefulness, creativity, enthusiasm, and a results-oriented mindset
- An exceptionally strong oral and written communication skills for effectively interfacing with key policy, decision, and influence makers within government and commercial stakeholders.
- Strong organizational skills in order to maintain a high level of productivity, innovation, and priority-setting.
- A willingness to work collaboratively by incorporating diverse perspectives and appropriately managing internal and external relationships.
- An ability to manage multiple projects efficiently and concurrently and think through complexity and ambiguity, make thoughtful, integrated, timely and meaningful decisions, and take corresponding actions.
- Make it happen spirit and collaborative and inclusive team style.
- Comfort level with engaging with high level professionals, thought leaders and senior government officials.
- Proficiency with MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Up to 25% travel required.
- Comprehensive Health & Wellness package (Medical, Dental and Vision)
- 10 Paid Holiday Days Off
- Flexible Paid Time Off (FTO)
- 401 (k) Employer Matching
- Stock Options
- Career advancement opportunities
- Casual Dress
- On-site gym and dedicated Peloton room at headquarters
- Company Events (Sports Games, Fitness Competitions, Birthday Celebrations, Contests, Happy Hours)
- Annual company party
- Employee Referral Program
Interos is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other classification protected by law.
If you are a candidate in need of assistance or an accommodation in the application process, please contact [email protected]