At Interos, we are seeking someone with a curious mind and a masterful grasp of quantitative analysis, data science and machine learning to lead our efforts at building a truly revolutionary set of software capabilities the world has never seen. The ideal candidate knows what is possible and strives to go beyond that while still delivering applied cutting-edge research to the field of supply chain risk management.
The priorities for this position include strategic planning, building a technology roadmap, and managing cross-team collaboration. Reporting to the CTO directly, the Head of R&D will work closely with the leadership team to continue advancing the technology and engineering strategy and execution while shaping, developing and leading a world-class development organization. The head of R&D will oversee three teams focused on risk methodology, data analytics & visualization, and machine learning. Working within a rapidly changing environment, this results-driven leader will have the opportunity to advance existing products and own the most complex parts of our analytics technology direction. It is critical this person has the intellectual horsepower, passionate personality, collaborative spirit and dynamic work ethic that define the Interos culture.
- Accountability for all applied research and development while collaborating closely with all product groups to achieve product excellence.
- Introduce processes that support faster time-to-market and increased production velocity of the division’s research.
- Support strategy development by assessing current and innovative ideas, evaluating risk/reward, and determining the scope and scale of work required to achieve technology goals.
- Maintain a strong grasp of industry trends, cutting edge technology and marketplace changes to ensure the Company remains in a leading position about its competitors.
- Utilize research, technology and industry partnerships to access innovation and transform our capabilities.
- Manage the R&D organization including both internal employees and external consultants.
- Develop and support best in class talent acquisition strategies for high demand skill-sets.
- Represent the R&D division and the technology itself in Executive level leadership meetings.
- Monitor employee performance including the management of Key Performance Indicators;
- Mentor and develop employees and offer developmental opportunities and professional growth.
Communications and Decision Making
- Serve as a catalyst in bringing together innovative ideas and creative processes to execute a technical vision; foster innovation and sharing of best practices with other cross-functional groups while creating an environment of continuous improvement.
- Ensure productive collaboration between disparate technology teams across offices.
- Act as a partner to Product (and our customers) to ensure requirements for new technologies and features come into Engineering in an actionable manner and are executed against successfully.
- Maintain a level of confidence that results in decision making to drive the process and delivery forward
- Represent Interos’ advanced research in industry forums and media through speaking engagements, blogs, or white papers or similar written products.
- 15+ years of experiences leading an engineering or quantitative analytics team in a hyper-growth-oriented, entrepreneurial environment where management of complex product requirements is a critical driver of success.
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative or related field; Advanced degree preferred.
- Experience integrating and applying computer science, data science, and social science to solve real-world problems
- Background leading multi-disciplinary teams and leveraging cross-functional expertise
- A commitment to merging the human factor into technical solutions with a strong emphasis on user impact
- Extensive experience in applied modeling from varying domain knowledges. Ideally, with strong hypothesis testing and insight discovery mindset.
- Extensive experience with hands on statistical modeling / analytical modelling software.
- Experience leading end to end AI features embedded into an enterprise product.
- Expertise as a generalist and specialization in one of the following machine learning and statistical modeling frameworks such as: classification, regression, time series, decision trees, collaborative filtering, clustering, feature engineering, natural language processing, etc.
- Demonstrable experience in data structure, data mining and data analysis techniques with real world data.
- Possess the hands-on technical skills necessary to establish credibility with internal teams and senior leadership, as well as with customers’ R&D organizations. Must be a “role up the sleeves” operator.
- Significant experience leading highly quantitative teams within an Agile methodology.
- Demonstrable communication and storytelling techniques to drive influence across non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated leadership experience setting vision and building, leading and motivating engineering teams; leads by example with creativity, strategic thinking and innovation.
- A great “communicator”. Must be articulate, open, and direct. Possesses strong executive presence with positive interactions across all levels of management, staff and with external customers and stakeholders.
- Comfortable in a low-ego, entrepreneurial, change-oriented and ambiguous environment.
- Ability to interpret technology and market trends as a foundation for technology and product roadmaps.
- Demonstrated experience managing geographically disparate technical teams.
- Supervisory Responsibility: This position has supervisory responsibilities.
- Travel Requirements: This position may require up to 10% travel. Frequently, travel is outside the local area and overnight.
- Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, printers.
- Physical Demands: This is largely a sedentary role. Physical requirements include occasional lifting/carrying of 5 pounds; visual acuity, speech and hearing; hand and eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to operate a computer keyboard and basic office equipment. Subject to sitting, standing, reaching, walking, twisting, and kneeling to perform the essential functions. Working conditions are primarily inside an office environment.
- Colorado Only: The range provided is for Colorado-based hires only and will be commensurate with candidate experience. Pay ranges for candidates in other locations other than CO may differ based on the cost of labor in that location. Pay range: $225,000 - $300,000
- FLSA Status: Exempt