Founded in 2005 by supply chain risk management expert Jennifer Bisceglie, we have grown into the largest and most influential player in the emerging operational resilience space. This past July we achieved $100 million dollars in Series C funding led by the investment firm Night Dragon, with additional participation from Series A and B investors Kleiner Perkins and Venrock. This latest round of funding brings Interos’ valuation to $1billion, earning us unicorn status.
Based in Arlington, Va., Interos’ breakthrough SaaS platform leverages artificial intelligence and machine learning to model the entire business ecosystems of companies into a living global map. Users can drill down to any single supplier, anywhere – helping businesses and government organizations reduce risk, avoid operational disruptions, and achieve dramatically superior resilience and performance. We have seen hypergrowth in the past 3 years and continue to expand our team across the US and several countries in Europe.
Making high-quality machine learning models requires high-quality data, and lots of it! As part of the Information Extraction team, you will help curate high-quality datasets for use by your teammates. A variety of event types existing in a large news feed will need to be plumbed for good examples and counterexamples across a wide range of topics, from corporate bankruptcy to natural disasters. Work with multiple teams within the company to define and refine the various events we will capture. Build and manage human-in-the-loop teams to label data and ensure the quality of the end product. By providing well-defined and highly reliable datasets, you will help empower machine learning efforts at Interos.
- Collection, Cataloguing, and Storage of news data across a wide variety of event types.
- Curation and management of human labeler resources, including Amazon Sagemaker Ground Truth.
- Ensuring high levels of data quality for datasets.
- Working cross-functionally to define, refine, and expand our topics covered.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Data Engineering, Computational Linguistics, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, or related areas.
- 2+ years if experience as a Data Engineer, ML Engineer, Software Engineer.
- Proficient in Python.
- Proficient in SQL.
- Familiar with text search engines such as Elasticsearch.
- Experience with data discovery, data analysis, data scraping, and data annotation ideally in Natural Language Understanding.
- Experience with databases and data structuring/warehousing.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Good experience creating and curating data pipelines, datasets, and a great sense of humor.
- Positive, good-natured, and generally pleasant to be around.
- Demonstrated commitment to building a diverse and inclusive culture.
- A sense of adventure.
- Supervisory Responsibility: This position has supervisory responsibilities.
- Travel Requirements: This position does not require travel. This position may require up to 10% travel. Frequently, travel is outside the local area and overnight.
- Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, printers.
- Physical Demands: This is largely a sedentary role. Physical requirements include occasional lifting/carrying of 5 pounds; visual acuity, speech and hearing; hand and eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to operate a computer keyboard and basic office equipment. Subject to sitting, standing, reaching, walking, twisting, and kneeling to perform the essential functions. Working conditions are primarily inside an office environment.
- Colorado Only: The range provided is for Colorado-based hires only and will be commensurate with candidate experience. Pay ranges for candidates in other locations other than CO may differ based on the cost of labor in that location. Pay range: $118,704 - $144,500.
- FLSA Status: Exempt
Interos is required to comply with Federal Executive Order 14042 mandating employees be vaccinated against COVID-19. All Interos employees must be fully vaccinated* against COVID-19, unless you have a legally valid medical or religious reason. Any requests for exemptions based on medical or sincerely held religious beliefs will be evaluated confidentially by our Chief People Officer after hiring.
*Fully vaccinated means an individual must have received their second dose of the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine or the single dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
- Comprehensive Health & Wellness package (Medical, Dental and Vision)
- 10 Paid Holiday Days Off
- Flexible Paid Time Off (FTO)
- Pet Insurance
- 401 (k) Employer Matching
- Stock Options
- Family Planning reimbursement
- Legal Insurance
- Identity Theft Protection
- Child Tutoring Reimbursement
- Career advancement opportunities
- Casual Dress
- On-site gym and dedicated Peloton room at headquarters
- Company Events (Sports Games, Fitness Competitions, Birthday Celebrations, Contests, Happy Hours)
- Annual company party
- Employee Referral Program
Interos is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other classification protected by law.
If you are a candidate in need of assistance or an accommodation in the application process, please contact [email protected]