Founded in 2005 by supply chain risk management expert Jennifer Bisceglie, we have grown into the largest and most influential player in the emerging operational resilience space. This past July we achieved $100 million dollars in Series C funding led by the investment firm Night Dragon, with additional participation from Series A and B investors Kleiner Perkins and Venrock. This latest round of funding brings Interos’ valuation to $1billion, earning us unicorn status.
Based in Arlington, Va., Interos’ breakthrough SaaS platform leverages artificial intelligence and machine learning to model the entire business ecosystems of companies into a living global map. Users can drill down to any single supplier, anywhere – helping businesses and government organizations reduce risk, avoid operational disruptions, and achieve dramatically superior resilience and performance. We have seen hypergrowth in the past 3 years and continue to expand our team across the US and several countries in Europe.
Are you constantly exploring more data-driven and rigorous approaches for modeling cyber risk, at scale, and across the globe? Are you fascinated by socio-technical systems and uncovering unknown insights? Are you a data storyteller seeking new ways to have a real-world impact? And want to apply all of these skills at a high-growth, early-stage company?
At Interos, we are seeking a Senior Computational Social Scientist focused on cyber risk who has a deep understanding of the hard work, patience, and diligence required to identify, vet, and structure data for modeling complex and large systems. With a focus on modeling digital supply chain risk, this position applies computational social science models and theories in combination with the wide range of information security and cyber data, moving beyond the logs to craft novel insights and unique data-driven applications to inform risk postures. An avid researcher and writer, a senior computational social scientist is also a data storyteller, with strong communication skills to both technical and non-technical audiences.
Join the growing Methodology team at Interos and help implement cutting-edge cyber risk models while working in a fast paced, multi-disciplinary environment. Hone your quantitative skills, operationalize complex models, and turn novel research into actionable insights for our private and public sector customers. This role collaborates within the Methodology team and across engineering, and is responsible for both quantitative models as well as qualitative depth, detail, and context.
- Research and implement computational models – with an emphasis on cyber risk – for integration into the Interos platform.
- Conduct independent research and validation of a range of data sources, with significant hands-on time exploring and analyzing relevant variables for model inclusion, geographic and temporal scope, and construct validity.
- Deliver research papers, white papers, blogs, and external presentations.
- Translate academic and industry research into applied and scalable supply chain risk models.
- Stay abreast of the latest current events, data sources, and research methods as they relate to global supply chains and cybersecurity.
- A PhD in a social or behavioral science, and at least four years of work experience, or at least ten years of work experience modeling and operationalizing cyber risk and analyzing a range of information security and cybersecurity data.
- A curious researcher and analyst who never stops seeking better data and new solutions to complex socio-technical challenges.
- A passion for technology and the scientific application of quantitative models to social and physical systems.
- Proven open source research skills and supporting product development.
- A team player who enjoys multi-disciplinary collaboration in an extremely fast-paced and fluid environment.
- Fluency with Python, R, or other data analysis tools.
- Demonstrable background interacting with a range of audiences (internal and external; technical and business stakeholders).
- Experience applying quantitative models to cybersecurity challenges and use cases, and leveraging diverse data sets.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- The ability to adapt quickly to shifting priorities and multi-task under tight deadlines.
- Supervisory Responsibility: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Travel Requirements: This position may require up to 10% travel. Frequent travel is outside the local area and overnight.
- Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, printers.
- Physical Demands: This is largely a sedentary role. Physical requirements include occasional lifting/carrying of 5 pounds; visual acuity, speech and hearing; hand and eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to operate a computer keyboard and basic office equipment. Subject to sitting, standing, reaching, walking, twisting, and kneeling to perform the essential functions. Working conditions are primarily inside an office environment.
- FLSA Status: Exempt
Interos is required to comply with Federal Executive Order 14042 mandating employees be vaccinated against COVID-19. All Interos employees must be fully vaccinated* against COVID-19, unless you have a legally valid medical or religious reason. Any requests for exemptions based on medical or sincerely held religious beliefs will be evaluated confidentially by our Chief People Officer after hiring.
*Fully vaccinated means an individual must have received their second dose of the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine or the single dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
- Comprehensive Health & Wellness package (Medical, Dental and Vision)
- 10 Paid Holiday Days Off
- Flexible Paid Time Off (FTO)
- Pet Insurance
- 401 (k) Employer Matching
- Stock Options
- Family Planning reimbursement
- Legal Insurance
- Identity Theft Protection
- Child Tutoring Reimbursement
- Career advancement opportunities
- Casual Dress
- On-site gym and dedicated Peloton room at headquarters
- Company Events (Sports Games, Fitness Competitions, Birthday Celebrations, Contests, Happy Hours)
- Annual company party
- Employee Referral Program
Interos is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other classification protected by law.
If you are a candidate in need of assistance or an accommodation in the application process, please contact [email protected]