Founded in 2005 by supply chain risk management expert Jennifer Bisceglie, we have grown into the largest and most influential player in the emerging operational resilience space. This past July we achieved $100 million dollars in Series C funding led by the investment firm Night Dragon, with additional participation from Series A and B investors Kleiner Perkins and Venrock. This latest round of funding brings Interos’ valuation to $1billion, earning us unicorn status.
Based in Arlington, Va., Interos’ breakthrough SaaS platform leverages artificial intelligence and machine learning to model the entire business ecosystems of companies into a living global map. Users can drill down to any single supplier, anywhere – helping businesses and government organizations reduce risk, avoid operational disruptions, and achieve dramatically superior resilience and performance. We have seen hypergrowth in the past 3 years and continue to expand our team across the US and several countries in Europe.
Interos is changing the future now on how organizations find risk and innovation in their network of business relationships (supply chain). We're looking for a Marketing Communications Intern who is curious, detail oriented and want to be entrusted with real responsibility and embrace the opportunity to make our product better. You’ll be a full member of the Marketing team where you'll learn marketing best practices and help solve real world problems. You will be working in a collaborative, agile environment, where every voice matters, outside the box thinking is encouraged, and the best ideas always win.
Dates of Internship: June 6, 2022-August 5, 2022
- Supporting communications and PR activities by coordinating calendar listings, drafting copy for internal and external communications including executive briefings for PR activities.
- Supporting social media program by maintaining a calendar of events, a list of ideas for posts and tweets, and outreach tactics.
- Researching potential opportunities with media sponsors and partnerships.
- Creating presentation materials for public events.
- Pulling metrics from all social media platforms.
- Updating content on Interos’ website.
- Conduct project planning and administrative activities.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts for Marketing, Communications, Engineering, Governmental Studies, or a related field.
- Strong writing and editing skills are essential.
- The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated, self-starter equipped with strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Must have the ability to meet deadlines.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills and a quick learner of new technology.
- Strong interpersonal skills and judgment.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated with a good sense of humor.
- Interest in learning about and sharing in our mission.
- Must be able to come onsite to Arlington, VA 2-3 times per month.
- Graduation date of December 2022 or May 2023.
- Previous intern or communications experience is a plus!
- Knowledge & understanding of different marketing strategies.
- Interest in pursuing marketing/communications as a career.
Interos is required to comply with Federal Executive Order 14042 mandating employees be vaccinated against COVID-19. All Interos employees must be fully vaccinated* against COVID-19, unless you have a legally valid medical or religious reason. Any requests for exemptions based on medical or sincerely held religious beliefs will be evaluated confidentially by our Chief People Officer after hiring.
*Fully vaccinated means an individual must have received their second dose of the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine or the single dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
Interos is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other classification protected by law.
If you are a candidate in need of assistance or an accommodation in the application process, please contact [email protected]