Founded in 2005 by supply chain risk management expert Jennifer Bisceglie, we have grown into the largest and most influential player in the emerging operational resilience space. This past July we achieved $100 million dollars in Series C funding led by the investment firm Night Dragon, with additional participation from Series A and B investors Kleiner Perkins and Venrock. This latest round of funding brings Interos’ valuation to $1billion, earning us unicorn status.
Based in Arlington, Va., Interos’ breakthrough SaaS platform leverages artificial intelligence and machine learning to model the entire business ecosystems of companies into a living global map. Users can drill down to any single supplier, anywhere – helping businesses and government organizations reduce risk, avoid operational disruptions, and achieve dramatically superior resilience and performance. We have seen hypergrowth in the past 3 years and continue to expand our team across the US and several countries in Europe.
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist with an exceptional product sense to help develop data products that give our customers better visibility into their supply chain risk. The ideal candidate should be someone who can explore a new dataset and generate ideas for how to create a visualization, apply a machine learning model, or create a new transformation that unlocks insight for our customers.
You should be familiar with a wide range of machine learning techniques and be able to recognize situations where they can be applied. After using common data mining/analysis tools to demonstrate the power of an ML model or visualization, applicants should be able to clearly communicate its value at different levels of technical detail. Qualified candidates should be focused on results, self-motivated, and have demonstrated success for using analytics to drive the understanding, growth, and success of a product.
The data science team at Interos is dedicated to researching new techniques for communicating supply chain risk to our customers. We anticipate customers' needs, explore open source and proprietary datasets, generate prototype data products, and then drive the integration of successful products into our platform. We collaborate with teams across Product and Engineering to accomplish this.
- Analyzing large open source and proprietary data sets to identify actionable insights.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of different ML approaches to a problem.
- Demonstrating new machine learning or visualization capabilities and effectively communicating those across the company.
- Guiding new capabilities into production by collaborating with multiple engineering teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or other quantitative field and 8 years of related experience; or 4 years of related experience and a Master's degree; or 2 years of related experience and a PhD.
- Strong understanding of data science fundamentals and data analysis techniques.
- Knowledge of building, training, and tuning predictive machine learning models.
- Fluency in one or more programming languages (Python, R, SQL, etc.)
- Self-motivated, collaborative style, open communicator. Comfortable working in a distributed team.
- Experience with Natural Language Processing (NLP), Time Series Analysis, Knowledge Graphs, Graph Theory, or Network Analysis.
- Strong experience in the Python data stack (Jupyter, Pandas, Scikit-Learn, etc.)
- A track record of bringing machine learning algorithms to production.
- Supervisory Responsibility: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Travel Requirements: This position does not require travel.
- Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, printers.
- Physical Demands: This is largely a sedentary role. Physical requirements include occasional lifting/carrying of 5 pounds; visual acuity, speech and hearing; hand and eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to operate a computer keyboard and basic office equipment. Subject to sitting, standing, reaching, walking, twisting, and kneeling to perform the essential functions. Working conditions are primarily inside an office environment.
- Colorado Only: The range provided is for Colorado-based hires only and will be commensurate with candidate experience. Pay ranges for candidates in other locations other than CO may differ based on the cost of labor in that location. Pay range: $120,000 - $160,000.
- FLSA Status: Exempt
Interos is required to comply with Federal Executive Order 14042 mandating employees be vaccinated against COVID-19. All Interos employees must be fully vaccinated* against COVID-19, unless you have a legally valid medical or religious reason. Any requests for exemptions based on medical or sincerely held religious beliefs will be evaluated confidentially by our Chief People Officer after hiring.
*Fully vaccinated means an individual must have received their second dose of the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine or the single dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
- Comprehensive Health & Wellness package (Medical, Dental and Vision)
- 10 Paid Holiday Days Off
- Flexible Paid Time Off (FTO)
- Pet Insurance
- 401 (k) Employer Matching
- Stock Options
- Family Planning reimbursement
- Legal Insurance
- Identity Theft Protection
- Child Tutoring Reimbursement
- Career advancement opportunities
- Casual Dress
- On-site gym and dedicated Peloton room at headquarters
- Company Events (Sports Games, Fitness Competitions, Birthday Celebrations, Contests, Happy Hours)
- Annual company party
- Employee Referral Program
Interos is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other classification protected by law.
If you are a candidate in need of assistance or an accommodation in the application process, please contact [email protected]