Interos is the operational resilience company — reinventing how companies manage their supply chains and business relationships — through a breakthrough SaaS platform that uses artificial intelligence to model and transform the ecosystems of complex businesses into a living global map, down to any single supplier, anywhere.
Reducing months of backward-looking manual spreadsheet inputs to instant visualizations with continuous monitoring, the Interos platform helps the world’s companies reduce risk, avoid disruptions, and achieve dramatically superior resilience. Businesses can uncover game-changing opportunities that radically change the way they see, learn and profit from their relationships.
Based in Washington, DC, Interos serves global clients with business-critical, interdependent relationships. The fast-growing private company is led by CEO Jennifer Bisceglie and supported by investors Venrock and Kleiner Perkins. For more information, visit www.interos.ai.
We are looking for a Senior UX/Datavis Engineer to collaborate and work closely with cross-functional teams to iterate and improve our existing web-based and machine learning-based product based on customer feedback, build low and high-fidelity prototypes and develop working samples that creatively solve difficult problems applying the right technologies, UX patterns and best practices. Your solutions are customer-focused, simple, and intuitive, and demonstrate feasibility in production systems.
Our ideal candidate loves building product software, is self-directed, knows how to get things done, and is not afraid to take on big and bold challenges.
- Participate in the strategic planning process for developing new features and products and help develop artifacts for our product go-to-market strategy.
- Own an end-to-end custom development process and deliverables from a design and technical perspective.
- Develop wireframes, and interactive prototypes, and create UX solutions for problems of large scope and complexity.
- Be a champion for user-centered design by partnering with researchers to test your solutions in front of users; and be willing to build lightweight prototype, conduct scrappy and quick user testing with limited guidance.
- Lead internal sessions, customer reviews, and usability events to gather feedback and data on design effectiveness
- Play a key role in influencing software products and features with a focus on proposing UX solutions that others haven’t thought of, and refining solutions to ensure that they are meeting customer’s needs.
- Solve difficult UX problems and use a wide range of technologies and front-end programming languages (e.g., React).
- Understand how technical decisions influence UX decisions and vice versa, and can act as a bridge between technical (e.g., SDEs, FEEs, TPMs, etc.) and non-technical (e.g. Risk Manager, Product Manager, etc.) partners.
- Work is consistently of a high quality (e.g., functional, performant, low-defects, etc.), delivered at the right level of fidelity, and incorporates engineering and UX best practices.
- Make improvements to a team’s operational, development and prototyping processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- An online portfolio or sample of work demonstrating experience creating user-centered design solutions.
- Experience working on scaling UX and front-end in the context of a growing organization with competing priorities
- Coding samples in front-end programming languages (e.g., React).
- Proficiency in a variety of design tools (e.g., Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop).
- Experience collaborating with UX, product, and technical partners and delivering customer UX improvements / familiarity with UX design best practices.
- Experience in building charting components and data visualization experiences. Proficiency in some datavis packages such as D3, Chart.js, CartoDB, or React-vis.
- Experience in communicating with customers, and other technical teams to collect requirements, describe software product features and technical designs
- Knowledge of professional software engineering & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operational excellence
- A BS/MS or equivalent degree in Computer Science, Human Centered Interaction (HCI), Cognitive sciences or equivalent professional experience
- Supervisory Responsibility: This position has no supervisory responsibilities
- Travel Requirements: This position does not require travel.
- Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, printers.
- Physical Demands: This is largely a sedentary role. Physical requirements include occasional lifting/carrying of 5 pounds; visual acuity, speech and hearing; hand and eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to operate a computer keyboard and basic office equipment. Subject to sitting, standing, reaching, walking, twisting, and kneeling to perform the essential functions. Working conditions are primarily inside an office environment.
- Colorado Only: The range provided is for Colorado-based hires only and will be commensurate with candidate experience. Pay ranges for candidates in other locations other than CO may differ based on the cost of labor in that location. Pay range: $100,180 - $139,000
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Comprehensive Health & Wellness package (Medical, Dental and Vision)
- 10 Paid Holiday Days Off
- Flexible Paid Time Off (FTO)
- 401 (k) Employer Matching
- Stock Options
- Career advancement opportunities
- Casual Dress
- On-site gym and dedicated Peloton room at headquarters
- Company Events (Sports Games, Fitness Competitions, Birthday Celebrations, Contests, Happy Hours)
- Annual company party
- Employee Referral Program
Interos is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other classification protected by law.
If you are a candidate in need of assistance or an accommodation in the application process, please contact [email protected]