Environment, Social and Governance at Interos
Strong ESG is imperative to the work we do at Interos. Along with setting and following ambitious ESG criteria for our internal operations, Interos works with our customers to understand the ESG risks their supply chain presents. Below are some of Interos’ current ESG efforts.
- Interos has instituted a recycling program in the HQ office, which has reduced the amount of trash going to landfills and encourages employees to create less waste.
- With the new Interos HQ opening, the company purchased reusable dishes and glasses for employee use. We installed coffee machines and a water filtration system to encourage employees not to avoid single-use plastics.
- As an employer in the Northern Virginia area, Interos participates in a regional commuter program, providing a stipend to employees to reduce their costs for taking public transportation and reducing the number of cars on the road.
- Interos installed living green walls in the HQ office. Living green walls purify the air, reduce the ambient temperature, and create a sense of well-being.
- Interos is committed to the support of career development for all staff. We aim to facilitate personal and professional development, enabling employees to achieve their full potential at work.
- Interos has created a Gender Equity Goal of 50:50 by 2025. To reach this goal, Interos has set out three primary goals: Establish a diverse advisory board; establish relationships with diverse schools and build a pipeline of future female leaders through internship and hiring plans, and continue women’s leadership, including our CEO Jennifer Bisceglie.
- In late 2021, Interos established its JEDI (Justice, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion) program. Interos has a diverse and inclusive culture where all team members feel valued, respected, and heard, and who share their motivation internally and externally. Team members feel comfortable being themselves and collaborating to drive innovation. JEDI behaviors are evident throughout our organization as an integral part of our culture. Interos is viewed as a diverse, inclusive, and innovative leader among companies in our space. The JEDI MISSION is: We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where all team members feel valued, respected, and heard. One Employee Resource Group currently established is the Veteran’s ERG. This ERG is designed to support the proud community of employee veterans who encourage each other through shared experiences, veteran recruitment, career development, outward engagement, professional growth, and retention
- Interos announced that Broadway Angels, a select group of world-class women technology investors, has made a $6.5 million investment in the company.
- Interos has a culture club that promotes social employee activities, which is vital to forming a cohesive employee culture as most of the Interos employees are still working from home. The Culture Club has put on such activities as a Talent show to showcase employees’ outside activities, holiday parties, and Interos volunteer day and potluck.
- Interos sponsors regular friendly competitions to encourage employees to be more active. Employees can walk, run, or bike to raise funds to donate to the charity of their choice.
- Interos set up an apprentice program to train and hire individuals in the Machine Learning area. The apprentice positions are a contract-to-hire for 3 months with a full time offer for those that are successful in the role. No previous job experience was required, as the object of these positions is to help people get in on the ground floor.
- In 2021 Interos donated $1000 to Food for Others, a local Arlington-based organization that provides food assistance to those in need. Throughout 2021, Interos and our teams have supported several charitable organizations, including Black Girls in Cyber, Charity: Water, The Susan G. Komen Foundation, The Hispanic Scholarship Fund, Girls Who Code, and The Best Friends Animal Society
- In July and September of 2020 Interos launched an initiative to “match” company funds to our employee fitness goals! Out of these challenges the company donated $2,000 to the “I Have a Dream” Foundation and $1,000 to Per Scholas. Progress was tracked and shared on an app which even made for a little friendly competition.
- On behalf of team Interos, the company donated to the NAACP Legal Defense and Education Fund & the Equal Justice Initiative. The Interos 2020 Volunteer Day can be used as a mental health day or participate in relevant advocacy.
- In 2020 Interos held a matching competition to benefit the Arlington Food Assistance Center and Second Harvest of Silicon Valley. Interos matched every dollar up to $2,500!
- Interos is a software company, which means that privacy and security are material issues for our business. We take great pride in our leadership in both areas. Interos believes that the pursuit of technology certifications and industry compliance is critical to building customer trust and maintaining a robust and stalwart security profile. Because of this, Interos is dedicated to ensuring its security and privacy meet essential certifications of industry and compliance requirements.
- Regular Board Meetings are held to agree and execute the company’s strategy, ensure company operations are in line with strategy, monitor financial performance, make sure procedural and compliance issues are properly dealt with and work with Non-Executive Directors as a sounding board for new ideas.