Interos is the operational resilience company — reinventing how companies manage their supply chains and business relationships — through a breakthrough SaaS platform that uses artificial intelligence to model and transform the ecosystems of complex businesses into a living global map, down to any single supplier, anywhere.
Reducing months of backward-looking manual spreadsheet inputs to instant visualizations with continuous monitoring, the Interos platform helps the world’s companies reduce risk, avoid disruptions, and achieve dramatically superior resilience. Businesses can uncover game-changing opportunities that radically change the way they see, learn and profit from their relationships.
Based in Washington, DC, Interos serves global clients with business-critical, interdependent relationships. The fast-growing private company is led by CEO Jennifer Bisceglie and supported by investors Venrock and Kleiner Perkins. For more information, visit www.interos.ai.
This position reports directly to the VP of Machine Learning and works on high-impact projects developing NLP-driven models for production environments with critical customer value. At the highest level, we find events in the news and public datasets that will impact supply chains and link them to individual suppliers. We have a wonderful foundation, but you will come in and accelerate that growth fivefold.
- You want to make an oversized impact on a unicorn startup by leveraging your experience and skillset to push the boundaries of ML and NLP at scale.
- You are currently an L6+ Staff/Principal/Fellow Machine Learning Engineer.
- You have at least 10, preferably 15+ years of professional experience with a strong emphasis on Machine Learning.
- You have worked for a Fortune 500 company well known for its ML prowess (e.g., Facebook, Apple, Amazon, Netflix, Google), and you understand ML at scale.
- You have multiple examples of successful NLP-focused projects where you personally led the implementation.
- Your work has almost certainly been published or patented at some point.
- You have most likely spoken at conferences.
- You have leadership skills, but your primary focus is on doing. You spend the majority of your time building models that go into production and bring value at scale to end-users.
- You hate red tape, yellow tape, or any tape for that matter and just want to be able to work unencumbered and deliver value.
- If that is you, then Interos is where you should be.
- Serve as a key technical resource for machine learning engineers, helping them solve the most challenging problems.
- Use machine learning, data mining, statistical techniques, and others to create actionable, meaningful, and scalable solutions for business problems.
- Analyze and extract relevant information from large amounts of data and derive valuable insights.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for natural language processing (NLP) and natural language understanding (NLU), and partner with functional experts across the company to bring that expertise to bear on some of the most complex and most exciting problems in this space.
- Provide technical guidance to product teams on the choice of machine learning approaches appropriate for a task.
- Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large-scale data analyses, model development, model validation, and model implementation.
- Develop and enhance the predictive capability of in-house developed supply chain risk models for use by some of the biggest enterprises in the world.
- Work with MLOps to deliver production systems with your models.
- MS in Machine Learning, Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, or Applied Mathematics plus 12 years of hands-on experience in machine learning, predictive modeling, and analysis; or a PhD with 8 years experience.
- 10+ years of hands-on experience in machine learning, predictive modeling, and analysis.
- Deep technical skills in machine learning, deep learning, and natural language processing with the ability to explain and present deep technical ideas.
- You currently hold an L6+ Staff/Principal/Fellow Machine Learning Engineer position.
- A passion for creating innovative techniques and making these methods robust and scalable.
- A long track record of productionizing ML models.
- Creative, collaborative, & innovation-focused.
- Fluency in Python and ML/NLP libraries.
- Experience with transformer and recurrent language models BERT, GPT2, LSTM, Word2Vec
- Experience with databases and data structuring/warehousing.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including interacting effectively with colleagues of varying technical and non-technical abilities.
- Experience putting ML models into large high-availability production environments.
- Contributions to open-source projects in the NLP/NLU space
- Good experience creating entity, relationship, and event extraction models
- Great sense of humor.
- Positive, good-natured, and generally pleasant to be around.
- Demonstrated commitment to building a diverse and inclusive culture.
- A sense of adventure.
- Supervisory Responsibility: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Travel Requirements: This position does not require travel.
- Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, printers.
- Physical Demands: This is largely a sedentary role. Physical requirements include occasional lifting/carrying of 5 pounds; visual acuity, speech and hearing; hand and eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to operate a computer keyboard and basic office equipment. Subject to sitting, standing, reaching, walking, twisting, and kneeling to perform the essential functions. Working conditions are primarily inside an office environment.
- Colorado Only: The range provided is for Colorado-based hires only and will be commensurate with candidate experience. Pay ranges for candidates in other locations other than CO may differ based on the cost of labor in that location. Pay range: $224,250 - $282,000
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Comprehensive Health & Wellness package (Medical, Dental and Vision)
- 10 Paid Holiday Days Off
- Flexible Paid Time Off (FTO)
- 401 (k) Employer Matching
- Stock Options
- Career advancement opportunities
- Casual Dress
- On-site gym and dedicated Peloton room at headquarters
- Company Events (Sports Games, Fitness Competitions, Birthday Celebrations, Contests, Happy Hours)
- Annual company party
- Employee Referral Program
Interos is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other classification protected by law.
If you are a candidate in need of assistance or an accommodation in the application process, please contact [email protected]