Founded in 2005 by supply chain risk management expert Jennifer Bisceglie, we have grown into the largest and most influential player in the emerging operational resilience space. This past July we achieved $100 million dollars in Series C funding led by the investment firm Night Dragon, with additional participation from Series A and B investors Kleiner Perkins and Venrock. This latest round of funding brings Interos’ valuation to $1billion, earning us unicorn status.
Based in Arlington, Va., Interos’ breakthrough SaaS platform leverages artificial intelligence and machine learning to model the entire business ecosystems of companies into a living global map. Users can drill down to any single supplier, anywhere – helping businesses and government organizations reduce risk, avoid operational disruptions, and achieve dramatically superior resilience and performance. We have seen hypergrowth in the past 3 years and continue to expand our team across the US and several countries in Europe.
Where is data going and how will you get to the leading edge of that movement? Data is getting bigger and more connected, so we at Interos are embracing both distributed data systems and graph databases. If you have some experience with databases, and like to build software with Python, come join us in building a next generation data analytics platform.
- Corral dozens of data sources, both structured and unstructured, into a coherent model of the world’s supply chain.
- Put data in motion with the publish / subscribe pattern in Kafka.
- Optimize read performance by projecting data into a variety of engines, including relational databases, graph databases, search engines, caching tools, and data warehouses.
- Chase down data errors to their source and build systems to continuously monitor and improve the quality of the data.
- Read all the data models:
- Sling some SQL from time to time, PostgreSQL or Snowflake or even Spark SQL.
- Grab vertices & edges from a graph database with Apache TinkerPop Gremlin while on the go.
- Open up a world of results with queries to OpenSearch.
- Analyze and untangle the inevitable problems which result from working on complex, distributed systems.
- Collaborate with Research Analysts, Data Quality Analysts, and Data Operations Specialists to augment workflows with data technologies.
- Minimum years of relevant experience: 2 years of software development or data analysis experience.
- Minimum education level: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similarly analytical field or a foreign equivalent.
- Experience with SQL and directly querying relational databases.
- Experience with Python, particularly for data interactions and transformations, or working with REST APIs.
- Proven passion and expertise for the data quality disciplines data profiling, data discovery, information chain, and root-cause analysis.
- Familiarity with Snowflake or other modern data warehouse / data lake technologies.
- Ideal candidates will have experience with one or more of the following technologies: graph databases (esp. Neo4j, Amazon Neptune), streaming or eventing solutions with Kafka, Prefect, Alembic + SQLAlchemy, Apache Spark.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Good written and verbal skills.
- SQL (Structured Query Language) with any major database distribution (PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server).
- Python, especially work with major data enablement packages: SQLAlchemy, pandas.
- Supervisory Responsibility: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Travel Requirements: This position does not require travel. This position may require up to 10% travel. Frequently, travel is outside the local area and overnight.
- Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, printers.
- Physical Demands: This is largely a sedentary role. Physical requirements include occasional lifting/carrying of 5 pounds; visual acuity, speech and hearing; hand and eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to operate a computer keyboard and basic office equipment. Subject to sitting, standing, reaching, walking, twisting, and kneeling to perform the essential functions. Working conditions are primarily inside an office environment.
- Colorado Only: The range provided is for Colorado-based hires only and will be commensurate with candidate experience. Pay ranges for candidates in other locations other than CO may differ based on the cost of labor in that location. Pay range: $92,025 - $116,500.
- FLSA Status: Exempt
Colorado Only: The range provided is for Colorado-based hires only and will be commensurate with candidate experience. Pay ranges for candidates in other locations other than CO may differ based on the cost of labor in that location. Pay range: $92,025 - $116,500.
Interos is required to comply with Federal Executive Order 14042 mandating employees be vaccinated against COVID-19. All Interos employees must be fully vaccinated* against COVID-19, unless you have a legally valid medical or religious reason. Any requests for exemptions based on medical or sincerely held religious beliefs will be evaluated confidentially by our Chief People Officer after hiring.
*Fully vaccinated means an individual must have received their second dose of the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine or the single dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
- Comprehensive Health & Wellness package (Medical, Dental and Vision)
- 10 Paid Holiday Days Off
- Flexible Paid Time Off (FTO)
- Pet Insurance
- 401 (k) Employer Matching
- Stock Options
- Family Planning reimbursement
- Legal Insurance
- Identity Theft Protection
- Child Tutoring Reimbursement
- Career advancement opportunities
- Casual Dress
- On-site gym and dedicated Peloton room at headquarters
- Company Events (Sports Games, Fitness Competitions, Birthday Celebrations, Contests, Happy Hours)
- Annual company party
- Employee Referral Program
Interos is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other classification protected by law.
If you are a candidate in need of assistance or an accommodation in the application process, please contact [email protected]