Founded in 2005 by supply chain risk management expert Jennifer Bisceglie, we have grown into the largest and most influential player in the emerging operational resilience space. This past July we achieved $100 million dollars in Series C funding led by the investment firm Night Dragon, with additional participation from Series A and B investors Kleiner Perkins and Venrock. This latest round of funding brings Interos’ valuation to $1billion, earning us unicorn status.
Based in Arlington, Va., Interos’ breakthrough SaaS platform leverages artificial intelligence and machine learning to model the entire business ecosystems of companies into a living global map. Users can drill down to any single supplier, anywhere – helping businesses and government organizations reduce risk, avoid operational disruptions, and achieve dramatically superior resilience and performance. We have seen hypergrowth in the past 3 years and continue to expand our team across the US and several countries in Europe.
We are looking for a Principal UX Designer who thrives on cross-team collaboration in a fast-paced organization and being a force that drives innovative solutions and programs to success. Bring your organizational and process-driven creativity to talk to, learn from, and bring your organizational and process driven creativity to talk to and learn from everyone. We know that you make things happen. Make them happen here!
- Partners with existing product designers, product managers, developers, data scientists and data engineers to understand customer issues, design innovative solutions, and ship finished products that allow our customers to make fast and accurate decisions about their business.
- Acts as a liaison with product management and data/engineering teams in order to balance design with technical feasibility and ensure that business requirements are met.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of Interos' business objectives, customer use cases, and competition - by conducting or participating in relevant research, competitive analysis, and other deep-thinking activities.
- Administers programs that improve the design, accessibility and usability of the product.
- Oversees all product creative direction and strategy, as well as our growing design system.
- Coordinates user experience testing and validation, and incorporates findings into design plans.
- Lead and mentor other product designers on UX and data visualization best practices, processes, and implementation recommendations.
- A Bachelor degree or equivalent with 12 years of experience.
- A minimum education level: Bachelor’s degree in UX Design.
- 12+ years of UX design, visual design, or other applicable design experience with a solid understanding of design process, best practices, and Agile software development methodology.
- An amazing portfolio that demonstrates the use of creative and novel solutions to solve complex problems dealing with large quantities of data.
- Deep experience in planning, implementing and maintaining large-scale design systems in Figma.
- A high level of expertise with all UX tools (Sketch/Adobe/Figma), and other product tools (JIRA/Confluence).
- Focused on providing excellent customer experiences that ensure high end-user satisfaction.
- Additionally, the candidate must possess strong creative, communication and collaboration skills to work with different teams and disciplines.
- You have helped ship early-stage/startup products before, ideally in the SaaS/B2B.
- Experience with data visualization (especially graph visualization), big data, complex enterprise applications.
- Understanding of machine learning concepts, examples, and benefits.
- Experience leading an interdisciplinary UX team of designers, researchers, and engineers from ideation to implementation.
- Supervisory Responsibility: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Travel Requirements: This position does not require travel.
- Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, printers.
- Physical Demands: This is largely a sedentary role. Physical requirements include occasional lifting/carrying of 5 pounds; visual acuity, speech and hearing; hand and eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to operate a computer keyboard and basic office equipment. Subject to sitting, standing, reaching, walking, twisting, and kneeling to perform the essential functions. Working conditions are primarily inside an office environment.
- Colorado Only: The range provided is for Colorado-based hires only and will be commensurate with candidate experience. Pay ranges for candidates in other locations other than CO may differ based on the cost of labor in that location. Pay range: $142,500 - $190,000.
- FLSA Status: Exempt
Interos is required to comply with Federal Executive Order 14042 mandating employees be vaccinated against COVID-19. All Interos employees must be fully vaccinated* against COVID-19, unless you have a legally valid medical or religious reason. Any requests for exemptions based on medical or sincerely held religious beliefs will be evaluated confidentially by our Chief People Officer after hiring.
*Fully vaccinated means an individual must have received their second dose of the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine or the single dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
- Comprehensive Health & Wellness package (Medical, Dental and Vision)
- 10 Paid Holiday Days Off
- Flexible Paid Time Off (FTO)
- Pet Insurance
- 401 (k) Employer Matching
- Stock Options
- Family Planning reimbursement
- Legal Insurance
- Identity Theft Protection
- Child Tutoring Reimbursement
- Career advancement opportunities
- Casual Dress
- On-site gym and dedicated Peloton room at headquarters
- Company Events (Sports Games, Fitness Competitions, Birthday Celebrations, Contests, Happy Hours)
- Annual company party
- Employee Referral Program
Interos is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other classification protected by law.
If you are a candidate in need of assistance or an accommodation in the application process, please contact [email protected]