Founded in 2005 by supply chain risk management expert Jennifer Bisceglie, we have grown into the largest and most influential player in the emerging operational resilience space. This past July we achieved $100 million dollars in Series C funding led by the investment firm Night Dragon, with additional participation from Series A and B investors Kleiner Perkins and Venrock. This latest round of funding brings Interos’ valuation to $1billion, earning us unicorn status.
Based in Arlington, Va., Interos’ breakthrough SaaS platform leverages artificial intelligence and machine learning to model the entire business ecosystems of companies into a living global map. Users can drill down to any single supplier, anywhere – helping businesses and government organizations reduce risk, avoid operational disruptions, and achieve dramatically superior resilience and performance. We have seen hypergrowth in the past 3 years and continue to expand our team across the US and several countries in Europe.
The Executive Assistant is charged with supporting the CEO in ensuring she is successful in prioritizing the highest impact opportunities in Interos’ growth. S/he will serve as the liaison with many internal groups and will provide coordination to matters involving the CEO’s priorities and projects. S/he will create partnerships on special projects with cross functional groups to ensure CEO objectives are met and projects are completed successfully. The ideal candidate also facilities all administrative matters of the office of the CEO including board meeting preparation, investor interaction, customer meeting support and internal events involving the CEO. The ideal candidate is high capacity and thrives when managing multiple priorities in a high growth context.
- Maximize the Executive Team’s collaboration and efficiency: Work with the executive team on weekly meeting design and implementation, agenda creation, meeting note taking, follow up, etc.
- Take the lead in organizing and facilitating daily priorities for the CEO’s office: Ensure the CEO’s focus is strategically responded to and prioritized to meet the high demand for her time.
- Establish a schedule that ensures the CEO focuses on the most impactful areas to drive company growth and impact.
- Enable positive Board relationship: Play a leading role in board meeting preparation. Facilitate the preparation of the process and thus enabling the executive to timely deliver board presentations and follow ups quarterly. Prepare monthly Board updates with information across the leadership team.
- Coordinate and execute special projects: Facilitate the execution of various projects required by the CEO’s agenda.
- Apply proactive problem-solving: Efficiently and effectively escalate and resolve mission-critical challenges and developments in a fast-moving environment.
- Ensure work events are prioritized but aligned with personal obligations in terms of travel planning, scheduling, and other social engagement given the 24/7 nature of the CEO role.
- Support the overall need of the CEO’s office in terms of events, travel, expense management and other duties as assigned.
- Travel: Accompany the CEO on business trips, locally or domestically
- Must be local to the Arlington, VA area with the ability to work onsite at headquarters.
How You’ll Be Measured
At the end of year one, The Executive Assistant will have:
- Optimized the CEO’s time to ensure she is focused on opportunities to results in the company having reached its annual and strategic objectives.
- Created systems and structures to ease preparation, and facilitate follow-up, for Board and customer calls/meetings.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to re-present the CEO and ensure projects move towards completion.
- Streamlined the process for driving the agenda for the various internal meetings including direct report meetings.
- Established a cadence for meetings and schedules that allows the CEO to be fully effective.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field
- 5+ years of experience as an Executive Assistant.
- Previous experience supporting a CEO.
- Experience working with and through senior level executives with expertise in maximizing meeting-time utilization.
- Ability to translate ideas quickly and efficiently into actionable plans.
- Experience serving as a key ambassador of an organization, with both internal and external audiences.
- Board meeting management experience in any capacity a plus.
- Experience in supporting cross-functional executive team leadership.
- Supervisory Responsibility: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Travel Requirements: This position does require travel.
- Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, printers.
- Physical Demands: This is largely a sedentary role. Physical requirements include occasional lifting/carrying of 5 pounds; visual acuity, speech and hearing; hand and eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to operate a computer keyboard and basic office equipment. Subject to sitting, standing, reaching, walking, twisting, and kneeling to perform the essential functions. Working conditions are primarily inside an office environment
- FLSA Status: Exempt
Interos is required to comply with Federal Executive Order 14042 mandating employees be vaccinated against COVID-19. All Interos employees must be fully vaccinated* against COVID-19, unless you have a legally valid medical or religious reason. Any requests for exemptions based on medical or sincerely held religious beliefs will be evaluated confidentially by our Chief People Officer after hiring.
*Fully vaccinated means an individual must have received their second dose of the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine or the single dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
- Comprehensive Health & Wellness package (Medical, Dental and Vision)
- 10 Paid Holiday Days Off
- Flexible Paid Time Off (FTO)
- Pet Insurance
- 401 (k) Employer Matching
- Stock Options
- Family Planning reimbursement
- Legal Insurance
- Identity Theft Protection
- Child Tutoring Reimbursement
- Career advancement opportunities
- Casual Dress
- On-site gym and dedicated Peloton room at headquarters
- Company Events (Sports Games, Fitness Competitions, Birthday Celebrations, Contests, Happy Hours)
- Annual company party
- Employee Referral Program
Interos is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other classification protected by law.
If you are a candidate in need of assistance or an accommodation in the application process, please contact [email protected]